Planning and Resource Management Services
Land use resource consents are required for any non-compliance with the zone rules in the District Plan. Common simple land use consent examples are exceeding site coverage or permeable area, building within boundary setbacks, encroaching the daylight control, constructing a secondary dwelling, or building a new building/altering a building in a character area. More complex land use consents may include commercial buildings which are out of zone, exceeding the density of housing in the residential area, or a structure plan.
Cogswell are able to meet with you, prepare a feasibility study, organise and attend a pre-application meeting with Council staff, prepare the consent application, liaise with external consultants and lodge an application on your behalf. We can the work with Council toward a positive outcome for your development with conditions which meet Council’s requirements and suit your needs. We will assist in the implementation of the consent if required, as land use consent conditions can be of an ongoing nature.
- Work with you to determine the feasibility of your proposal
- Organise and attend a pre-application meeting at Council with you
- Liaise with Council on an ongoing basis
- Consult with Iwi alongside you
- Organise any reports required to support your application; (Landscape and Visual Assessments, Cultural Assessments, Archaeological Assessments, Urban Design Assessments, Acoustic Reports, Traffic Impact Assessments etc)
- Assist you in obtaining neighbour approvals, or undertake this process for you
- Prepare your application and submit it to Council on your behalf
- Negotiate draft conditions with Council
- Explain and walk you through the process post the issue of your consent