Due to a rising school roll and limited room for carpark expansion, Goodwood School was in desperate need of additional land for car parking. That’s when neighbouring landowner, Andrew Bayliss, proposed sub-dividing his property and gifting this land to the school. Once consent for subdivision was gained Cogswell Surveys provided the following input into the project pro bono.
- Initial consent meeting with Goodwood School representatives.
- Project brief for the engineers, Graymatter.
- Detailed Topographical Survey for Engineering design purposes.
- Concept plans for car park layout.
- Site level control diagrams and survey control for construction.
- Pre-start meeting with the Contractor.
This project will increase safety for children attending the school by removing all car parking on the eastern berm of Fencourt Road. The project could only be completed due to the generous gifting of the land by neighbouring land owner Andrew Bayliss. Cogswell Surveys director Pete McLachlan said “It is great to be able to give back to the community. Many of our clients have children attending Goodwood School, so to be able to contribute to their safety is rewarding.”